July 25, 2010

Observations During Twilight Eclipse

Since the Twilight diehards all screened the movie weeks ago, the theatre was virtually empty during the showing that my pal B and I attended. This meant a)we could dissect the movie without interruption from screaming teen girls and b)we could have three-fourths of the theatre to ourselves and discuss our thoughts while there.....stereotypes be damned! So here it goes:


1)Would anyone really believe that Edward and the rest of the Cullens are in high school? (FYI..this thought applies to all of the Twilight movies).

2)How many wigs is Kristin Stewart ("Bella") wearing in this movie and why can't the hair and make-up people make them all either black or dark brown, not both?


3)What's up with Jasper's wig? Also, why does Jasper have a southern accent in his "history" segment, but not as a vampire?


4)The original Victoria was more attractive and a better actress than that famous director's daughter who hijacked the role.


5)Why is Dakota Fanning in these movies? The lackluster role does not do her acting skills justice.


6)This movie is about a half-hour too long.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this movie and I was unaffected by the mentioned inconsistencies. Actually, I never even noticed that Bella wore wigs;)

Nicole said...

Well, I think that I'm finally going to see it tonight. I'll let you know what I think, but I'm not hopeful. Generally speaking, I think that all of the movies could have been better. It's a shame that someone could come up with such a great story and then drop the ball (both in her lack of writing skills, and in the choice of director). Meyer clearly lacks sophistication, taste, and the ability to know when to ask the right people for help when she needs it. But, I'll go see it and revel in its irresistible allure.

Lea Ryan said...

Who the heck is Jasper? Was he in the other one? Maybe I wasn't paying attention. That's entirely possible.