September 17, 2012

My Fitness Journey

It isn’t something I write about often, but it is a major part of my life.  I want to become fit enough to teach Zumba classes. I have my instructor’s license, what I don’t believe I have is enough endurance to teach a 60 minute class.  I can take a 60 minute class and even a 120 minute class, but teaching is different. I'm pretty sure being out of breath will not lend itself to leading a class effectively.   I’ve worked out throughout my life, but sporadically, like  do it for a year here or a year there.  For awhile it was Stairmaster. I was queen of Stairmaster, for real. Then treadmill, which was quite boring. However, since discovering Zumba  three years ago, I’ve found I want to work out often and more importantly, consistently.  I love dancing, and Zumba allows me the opportunity to dance to my heart’s content as often as I want. Also, it has made me more open to trying other classes, such as Strike, a class with weighted bars and gloves.  

One of my biggest challenges has been finding a balance between food intake and fitness. I know I always will be a foodie. It is who I am. My goal has been trying to enjoy food and social activities without gaining the weight that affects my endurance.

I think I am starting to understand what it takes to do that. It involves a no excuses mentality, which is easier to employ when there’s no cupcakes,  french fries or pizza in your vicinity and no friends asking if you want to go to a movie , have a meal at Cheesecake Factory or Outback (Mmmmm Outback).  In my case, all of the above happens often. I guess part of this journey will mean learning how to decline politely and keep focused on the goal. To be continued........

4 comments:

Candace Schaefer said...

A. It is nice to see you write something personal on you blog.

B. I know you will achieve this goal. You have been working towards it for so long and the end is very close.

C. Movies don't have to involve food

D. You are inspiring.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Knowing trend can help you to look and feel the best. If you have an unsatisfactory fashion sense and so are unhappy together with your appear, this information will be advantageous for your needs. Read on to understand several style recommendations that will help you to enhance your thing and appear.

For those who have a restricted budget for garments, prevent getting outfits which can be stylish that can only last for any year.[url=http://www.cheapuggukbootssale.co.uk/ugg-classic-short-c-8.html]cheap Ugg Classic Short[/url] Trend fads easily get out of style, and you will definitely be saddled with outfits that will make you feel like yesterday's trend queen. Stick with the traditional seems which are classic.

In case you have "problem" locks, you may well be cleaning it too much. It's not necessarily smart to rinse your hair day-to-day. Whenever you try this, you strip organic oils and end up with a chemical substance build up on your own locks.[url=http://www.cheapuggukbootssale.co.uk/ugg-classic-nightfall-c-6.html]cheap Ugg Classic Nightfall[/url] When you must scrub your hair daily, use soft, normal hair shampoo and conditioner and don't wash your hair. Just heart stroke the product via it and allow it to wash out lightly below hot, running water. Let your head of hair to air flow dry instead of blow-drying out.

Among the best ways to make certain very good trend of males is usually to keep it simplistic.[url=http://www.cheapuggukbootssale.co.uk/ugg-fingerless-gloves-c-16.html]cheap Ugg Fingerless Gloves[/url] As opposed to searching for one of the most expensive posts of clothes to utilize, seek out tried and true pieces of garments that may be worn in lots of problems. An effective button-downward tshirt having a good couple of khakis can go fairly considerably.

Backup the appearance at a discount. If you see a glance you cherish in the substantial-end design publication or area your preferred superstar wearing a glance to perish for, don't immediately believe that it is from the price range.[url=http://www.cheapuggukbootssale.co.uk/ugg-fingerless-gloves-c-16.html]cheap Ugg Fingerless Gloves[/url] You can often develop a very comparable locate a great deal a lot less when you are prepared to research prices.

If you are searching for ways to look far better, this article has presented you some good tips about improving your design. Get out of that design decline and begin choosing appearance depending on the recommendations on this page. You will find you look greater than previously and feel good too.[url=http://www.cheapuggukbootssale.co.uk/ugg-classic-short-sparkles-c-9.html]cheap Ugg Classic Short Sparkles[/url]

sumon tripura said...

I just wanted to add a comment here to mention thanks for you very nice ideas. Blogs are troublesome to run and time consuming thus I appreciate when I see well written material. For more information visit spice incense