March 18, 2009

Welcome To This Century



That is what people probably are thinking when I share my enthusiasm about my generic MP3 player that I just purchased (photo on left). It is small, stylish and has a touch screen. The best part is that I paid only $25 for it, and it came with 600 songs included and a warranty that is still in effect.

I was able to get this deal because a couple of months after R.B. purchased it, she decided she did not like its main feature, the touch screen. She offered to sell it to me after she spotted a Sony Walkman MP3 that had features she preferred. She e-mailed "I know it isn't what you wanted but I thought I'd let you know it's available."

I had wanted an iPod, but I jumped at the chance to buy this generic player because I am all about not having to download or copy a bunch of songs from CDs. If I know a person has above-average and diverse musical tastes, I like having the opportunity to enjoy their music library. Her library has everything from Mariah Carey and Coldplay to Corrine Bailey Ray and the Raconteurs. The only genre missing is jazz, and I easily can add that.

The most interesting item in the library are chants from monks. Apparently these monks release CDs of chants from time to time (Who knew?). R.B. occasionally listens to them to drown out background noise (and likely her awesome department manager) at work. I listened to the chants last night and found them to be a great sleep aid.

In the future, I'm sure I will buy a pre-owned iPod but this really is the perfect unit for me right now.

No comments: